Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Morning, Already?

Feels like the day went by so fast yesterday.....


Last night, my daughter's high school put on their yearly award show. She usually gets one, sometimes 2 nominations every year, but that's it, and we come home with her disappointed yet again. Of course it's great to be nominated, but y'all know how teenagers get competitive, and who doesn't wanna win, right.  Plus they make it so formal for the kids, they gotta dress up, almost as much as prom. And she looked amazing in her black dress and sparkly heels... made for the stage. It's funny, I called her sexy when she was getting ready, and she got mad at me :-) She's now in grade 10. Well this year, she Won! I'm very happy for her, she works very hard at getting good grades. It matters to her. Little Miss Perfectionist... hmmm... I wonder where she gets that from ;-)

So with that said, I had very little time to post yesterday, got comments to reply as soon as I can. I know y'all are very understanding about my usual haphazard posting patterns, and I do appreciate that.... makes this perfectionist less hard on herself. Don't sweat the small stuff, right? :-)  So I guess what I'm trying to say is I appreciate all you guys and galls oops, gals for stopping by, for those who comment, it's fun getting to know you all, and for those who would rather lurk, I'm good with that too. I've been there... ;-) We all have different ways to enjoy the things we like, and the people we care about.

I've got a few things in the works... looking forward to sharing and getting the reactions. I like to be silly and not take things too seriously, with all the shit going on around us, I think it's nice to have a place to stop by and smile, at least that's what I hope to bring. For me this is certainly a welcomed escape from the daily grind, a place where I can express myself in ways I don't get to in "real life". I take My World very much to heart, and that means, all of you too :-)

Now it seems I've been thrown in this "friendly" competition, and like my daughter, it's really cool to be nominated, but it would be fucking awesome to win. A girl can dream right ;-) Like I've said before, if you enjoy my weirdness, and you like what I do.....  
Go Vote!! I like to grin too... ;D
-MissK

8 comments:

guttridgeg1 said...

good morning
good to hear daughter did good
good to grin
good for everyone to vote
good if you won
good day
:-)

David Forward said...

Congratulations to your daughter being awarded for her hard work. And congratulations to you for instilling personal pride, integrity and responsibility in her at a young age. She can only prosper with that upbringing.

Anonymous said...

Grats to your daughter...and grats to a pround mom...WTG you 2

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear she won. Love the maples---Ray

taminator013 said...

The acorn or apple or whatever it is in the saying doesn't fall far from the tree. That's a great daughter that you have there. That comes from the upbringing.

Thanks for appreciating us guys and "galls" stopping by. Galls or cecidia are outgrowths on the surface of lifeforms. Plant galls are abnormal outgrowths of plant tissues and can be caused by various parasites. Eww, I hope they don't visit me. Maybe you meant Gauls, your French ancestors.
Or maybe gulls. You have a lot of those in NB, don't you?

Jess said...

Congratulations to your daughter! Et bonne chance a vous!

MissK said...

Good to have you around Guttridge
Thanks ;-)

Wow, thanks for the Kudos David :-)

Thanks Anon, Very proud mom :-)

Thanks Ray, my munchkin is almost all grown up.... The maples are nice, all that green is relaxing :-)

Taminator, LMFAO!! Now I wonder if you googled or you already knew all that. I remember looking at galls in biology class. And yes we do have a lot of gulls in NB. Thanks for the praise about my daughter, and the laugh ;-)

Merci fois 2 Jess, c'est gentil :-)

taminator013 said...

To paraphrase Dr. McCoy on Star Trek...Dammit, MissK, I'm a chemist not a biologist. I knew what a Gaul and a gull was, but only vaguely a gall. I had to look it up to make me sound all smart and stuff...........XXXOOO