Friday, August 21, 2015

Quick Trip to My Woodlot

 I took a drive out to My Woodlot yesterday. Hadn't been there in over a month.
I mostly wanted to make sure everything was ok out there, you never know, eh ;-)
And also, mom and my daughter came with, so it was nice to show them
what I had done so far.

I brought some water for the new plants, just in case, but to my delight, they were doing awesome with no help from anyone. I was a little worried since they're not settled in yet, and it hadn't rained for a few weeks. But they looked good, so I guess that means
they like their new home.

Then I saw this little guy. Looks like somebody just had a snack.


I'll be sure to get more pictures soon :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute little garter snake.---Ray

idahobob said...

What all did you plant there?

Bob
III

MissK said...

First time I ever seen one Ray :-)
My mom tells me a story of when I was a toddler. We were out picking strawberries when she realized I was way behind. She asked me what I was doing and apparently my reply was: "Je cherche pour une tite face de couleuvre" Loosely translating to "I'm looking for a little snake face"
I probably would have wanted to take this one home ;-)

Well Bob, you already know about the roses. I also have a couple hostas, a clematis, echinacea, alaska daisies, forget-me-nots, a gooseberry bush, some local growing ground cover plants, grasses, and a few others that I don't recall the names at the moment. Oh, and I did separate and plant my big pot of pink begonias I had by the apartment door before I left on my road trip. They got huge while I was gone... :-)

idahobob said...

Gooseberry, eh?

I have three of 'em here at my place.

They make an interesting color of green jam and pie.

Bob
III

Boilerdoc said...

Admit it, you got a shack with a still brewing hooch there...I know BD shut up....

MissK said...

Ah dang! You found me out :P

Anonymous said...

You can tank keep them, but its a lot of work. Snakes take care to keep healthy and in most places in the US keeping wild animals is a federal and often state crime.(you CAN get permits. but it's a pain) Having made the disclaimer; They ARE neat. I have kept a few when I was a kid and Kentucky is just "eat up" with snakes of all kinds. You have to be VERY careful in our woods as we have scads of cottonmouth's copperheads, and four different kinds of rattle snake. Copperheads are the most dangerous to "outsiders" AND "locals" as most "locals" who get bit never see them. They aren't the most toxic(thank G_D). They just have the best cammo and they get HUGE(often 1 meter +)---Ray