Monday, September 23, 2013

Bless You My Snack...


A little "à propos" joke sent in my James... ;-)

The Christian Bear

An atheist was taking a walk through the woods, 
admiring all that the "accident of evolution" had 
created. "What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! 
What beautiful animals!", he said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river he heard a 
rustling in the bushes behind. As he turned to look, 
he saw a 7-foot grizzly charge towards him. He ran 
as fast as he could up the path.

He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear 
was closing in on him. He tried to run even faster, 
so scared that tears were coming to his eyes.
He looked over his shoulder again and the bear was 
even closer. His heart was pumping frantically as 
he tried to run even faster, but he tripped and fell 
on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up and 
saw the bear right on top of him, raising his paw 
to kill him. At that instant he cried out "Oh my God!"

Just then, time stopped. The bear froze, the forest 
was silent, the river even stopped moving. A bright 
light shone upon the man, and a voice came out of 
the sky saying, "You deny my existence all of these 
years, teach others I don't exist and even credit my 
creation to a cosmic accident, and now do you expect 
me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count
you as a Believer?"

The atheist, ever so proud, looked into the light and 
said, "It would be rather hypocritical to ask to be a
Christian after all these years, but could you make 
the bear a Christian?"

"Very well," said the voice.

The light went out, the river ran, the sounds of the 
forest continued and the bear put his paw down. The 
bear then brought both paws together, bowed his
head and said, "Lord, I thank you for this bounty for 
which I am about to receive." 


Thanks James ;-)

No comments: